So, just for you, dear internets, top ten reasons why I am not sad to say goodbye to October:
- All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray...
- My grandfather and everyone's grandfather died in October the year I was a college senior.
- No major holidays/birthdays (I don't count Columbus Day or Hallowe'en)
- How sad is it that I can't come up with more than four?
- My cousin's birthday, inagurating the birthday/Christmas season, woo hoo!
- My birthday!! (and I'll be 35!!)
- Did I mention how much I LOVE CHRISTMAS??? I'm one of those crazy people that LIKED working Retail Christmas--I loved helping grandmas pick out books for their grandchildren especially.
And here's a Hallowe'en joke...
What does a ghoul go shopping for? Grosseries!