1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says. "You probably didn't realize I was serious about going to the dance." Nick and the Nerd by Rachel Hawthorne.
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can...what do you touch first? My co-worker's book cart.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV? On TV or on my TV? On TV, I last watched an episode of Friends. On my TV, I watched part of About A Boy and some more episodes of Friends (on DVD).
4. Without looking, what time is it?1:48
5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?1:42
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? My co-worker's fan.
7. When did you last go outside? For lunch. The air is amazing--it's mid 60s (fahrenheit!) and there are falling leaves. Delish!
8. What are you wearing? One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish tshirt, beige pants, my favorite shoes.
9. When did you last laugh? At lunch with Marian.
10. Seen anything weird lately? An email from my dad of deep sea animals that washed up during the tsunami. (Yes, I've been cleaning out my email as I continue to get "Your email account is full" every morning at work.)
11. What did you dream last night? A friend was making a blanket for me.
12. What's on the walls of the room you're in? A bulliten board with a calendar of Detroit and a poster that says "Love a Librarian and spice up your reading life."
13. What do you think of this survey? It's passing the time.
14. What's the last film you saw? Little Miss Sunshine (again.) How I love that movie, let me count the ways...
15. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy? Pay off my school loans, pre-pay for the MFA at Carlow, and then give a lot of cash to the American Bible Society. Oh, and maybe buy the house in which I'm renting the third floor walk up apartment.
16. Tell me something about you that I don't know. I once had a goldfish named Vacuum Cleaner because he ate all of the other goldfish's food. The other goldfish was named Guitar.
17. If you could change one thing about the world, what would you change? Selfishness. It's the root of all evil. (I kept Glam Jo's. I agree.)
18. Do you like to dance? Yes. But I don't like dancing cheek to cheek with someone I don't know.
19. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her? Zoe. It means Life Giving.
20. Boy? Peter.
21. Would you ever consider living abroad? Is this a trick question? (Um, been there, done that. I'm very glad to be living stateside right now. I heart Pittsburgh)
3 days ago