Friday, October 13, 2006

If you're going to play the game properly, you'd better know every rule.

(Barbara Jordan, politician)

The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
(Maureen Dowd, columnist)

Every morning for weeks I've been meaning to look up this passage. Since I have no other words, these will have to do:

"We rounded a curve and I saw one tree, standing in the middle of a little pasture, a golden tree. Of course, it wasn't really gold, but it looked as if every leaf had been painted over with liquid gold, the way it shone. I watched that tree as we came up to it, with gray clouds behind it; I kept my eyes on it as we drove away and left it behind. In my head, the miniaturee Izzy was just sitting there, knocked down by it, her eyes big with looking." (Izzy Willy Nilly, p. 169, Cynthia Voigt)

I'll come back and talk about page 175. But right now, the morning has gotten to the point of I HAVE to get going or I'll be late.

Buh-bye!

No comments: