Thursday, October 19, 2006

The old man is snoring--he bumped his head and went to bed and couldn't get up in the morning.

(Traditional)

It's raining in Pittsburgh--it's October, whaddya expect??

Just came from an extremely powerful presentation on Internet Safety (read: how to prevent your children from being exploited by online predators.) The last speaker was a young woman who was rescued from a predatory situation a few years ago (I think while I was in library school.) WOW. Talk about powerful. Talk about realizing how vulnerable we all are, and not just on the information highway.

A dear friend mailed me a book. It's in the other room and it probably will stay there. It's written by a Dr. Someone about how to have a life that matters. I am sick of books that tell me they are going to fix me. I'd rather work on my Beth Moore homework and learn about the promises in Scripture than read scenarios (I skimmed the first chapter) about Emma, who races through life, missing everything important until she skids into bed and has a few words of prayer. Some other woman can read that book. I'm too busy trying to make sure I don't miss life.

Marian and I went to Wendy's for dinner. It is hard for me to remember what it was like when two years ago I took six months off work--I want to ask her when she's coming back. When we're together, she's fine--but I know that that is a blessing of friendship. When I'm depressed, I can still be me with those I love. I told her about my new pink high heels, the first high heels of my life, and how I'm able to walk in them because I've been ice skating and walking in my skates (ankle strength.) I've only worn them once, to Terzo's baptism, but they are nice. You should take pictures, said Marian. Oh, but I have! Oh, she said, I should have known. I'll post them soon.

Sally came over this morning. We are on a cleaning frenzy--gearing up for my birthday gala in the garret--you can see large spots of floor. We were doing so well that I called it quits at 11:30. We went to Whole Foods for lunch. It is so good to have friends. It is so good, indeed.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Yes let us see the pink shoes.