Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I was thirty five and my life had just begun.

(Tom Cruise in Jerry Maguire.)

A walk down mem'ry lane...

It looks like a book--I was about two or so, in Recife, Brazil.

The view from our porch, my tenth birthday, Tegucigalpa, Honduras. You can't see the new watch from Granny in this picture...

One of the proudest days of my life--I taught myself (again for the third time?) to ride a bike. It was a one day field trip that involved biking in the countryside in Austria. The summer I was 19.

Blowing the candles out on my 21st birthday party, Rye, NY. This was the only college birthday I spent with my siblings and parents (as they were in Warsaw, Poland for my 18th, 19th, and 20th birthdays--I only saw them at Christmas and in the summers.)

I am very excited to embark upon this next year. I hope yins tag along.

The story about the time stamp--I was born around 4 in the afternoon on a Sunday. The Redskins beat the Buffalo Bills while I was coming into this world at Columbia Women's Hospital, Washington, D.C. There was much rejoicing...

3 comments:

Paula said...

Happy, Happy Birthday SL!

heres a happy birthday hud for you!

Amy A. said...

Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! Very very cool!
I esp. like the Tegu and Rye ones. =) Happy happy birthday!(Even though I told you that this morning) And I wanted to sing you all the B-day songs when we were in S.C., but I thought it might be a little weird... (But I sang them in my head for you. lol)