Sunday, November 05, 2006

I am that girl that gets an ice cream cone in the dead of winter and stands in front of Jay's BookStall and eats it while reading the titles.

I am that girl...

...that asks for iced tea in November and drinks it, through a bendy straw as she walks the streets back home from Tazza...

...that says to a man walking his dog, "It's nice that it got warmer," when the temperature is 42 degrees...

(hey, my windshield wiper fluid lines were FROZEN yesterday--that has never happened before, yo!)

...that looks at the mom and child in Tazzo and while everyone is fawning over the child, I'm thinking, COOL COAT (on the mom). It was like tweed and embroidery and like a patchwork, but elegant...

...that shuffles her feet through the piles of leaves...the sound is like music. I remember building "leaf houses" with my mom as a girl and jumping, "ba-ba-boom" into the piles of leaves with my dad...

...that snaps one perfect picture of the gingko leaves on the sidewalk...

3 comments:

Jessi said...

I'm that girl! (Okay, so sometimes it's the shoes or the jeans I notice instead of the coat....and it's not necessarily gingko leaves...but you get the point, :P)

Paula said...

I love your pile of leaves there.

Sandy Stover said...

The leaves on Highland the other morning were beautiful! I need to start carrying my camera around with me.

And one of my favorite sounds is the sound of swishing leaves.