Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A good friend knows how you like your coffee. A great friend will add booze. Happy Birthday!!

(This was my favorite card so far.)

My mom called while I was talking to my Dad. Now I really really have to get ready for the day, the quickest shower ever...more later.

I feel weird about posting, hey, it's my birthday!! (Which, if you know me, and how much into birthdays I am, is weird in and of itself.)

Max and I will celebrate tomorrow, as he is booked with work stuff today. And I'm cool with that, b/c he is BUSY and that's good. Also, his voice sounded MUCH better on the phone last night. That man makes me smile. What can I say?

My checks came, so I can pay my rent!! (It took them forever to come. And they cost a fortune. I need to go back to ordering them from the coupons that come in the Sunday paper.)

I have gottten lots of nice cards, and even one that talks!

This morning on facebook I saw the most bizarre ad: paint your grass (so that you have a greener lawn!) I think I would be embarrassed if my neighbors saw me do that, tho. Plus, c'mon! I'd rather spend however much they cost on something else.

Also, BOB-FM and Borders have both wished me a happy birthday. Mad Mex somehow has forgotten me...I'll need to make a phone call on that one (I get a free entree for the week around my birthday--and I know I didn't get the postcard this year...) (Unless the mailman stuck it in with the junk mail and it's in my recycling...) (But I'm not digging.)

So hey, I'm 36. Officially, it's at 4pm--someone in my family will correct me on the minutes...I was born during a Redskins game and the Redskins won. Against the Browns who are now officially the Ravens. Now there are new Browns in Cleveland. The hospital where I was born, Columbia Hospital for Women, no longer exists. It's almost poetic justice for this girl without a hometown.

Happy birthday to me...I can't believe my mother hasn't called yet.

(I am such a whiner!!)

Oh, and in our family, we sing three songs: Happy Birthday (written by the Hill sisters), Para Bens (which is

[pause as my father is the first family member to call.]

this post will be finished later...

9 comments:

Mig said...

Happy Birthday To You,
Happy Birthday To You,
Happy Birthday dear, SL
Happy Birthday To You.

Consider yourself sung to.

Have a great day!

Amy A. said...

Happy "Real" Birthday!

Was mine the one that talked? :P

Katrina said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah Louise! I hope your day is as special as you are (and no, I didn't steal that out of a Hallmark card, though I can see how you would think so...)

Caterina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caterina said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it's a good one.

I loved

Anonymous said...

A Happy Birthday to you, a happy birthday to you! May you feel Jesus near every day of the yera. A happy birthday to you, a happy birthday to you and the best year you've ever had! (a BD polka for you!)

nutmeg said...

Bet wishes for a great day you youngin' you!

Lauren said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Sarah Louise said...

Thanks, all you well wishers.

and yes, Amy A, your was the one that talked.

SL