Friday, November 02, 2007

It's a new day...current events (day two of napoblomo)

Well, 24 hrs have not passed, but I officially am insomniac (so exhausted I can't sleep) and so since it is officially Friday, here goes my daily post.

Currently reading: How to Murder a Millionaire by Nancy Martin, the first of the "Blackbird Sister mysteries" It's light, full of old money socialites in Philadelphia. A good diversion.

Currently on, not exactly watching, but I'd hoped it would lull me to sleep: Runaway Bride.

Currently humming: my heater, which I turned on. It's COLD!

Currently looking forward to: that extra hour on Sunday morning. I intend to use it to plant tulip bulbs. Also, the guilty pleasure of skating on Saturday night, when I probably should be looking at cars. (There once was a boy named Pierre, who only would say "I don't care") Well, I care dearly, but I am EXHAUSTED. And I need a break.

Currently clean: a bunch of shirts that I laundered earlier today when NH Sally came to help me clean/de-clutter for the birthday fete next week.

Currently in my trunk (pardon, the rental car's trunk): at least five bags of recyclable paper and two bags of plastic bags. One of the things Sally is really good at is going through my piles of mail (which I accumulate endlessly) and throwing out the junk. She also folded some laundry. Did I mention she is my very own personal saint?

Currently advocating: that if you are registered to vote, you do so on Tuesday. I don't care who you vote for, but it's important!! In da Burgh, we have a mayoral election and the county and city have school board elections. I will be working the polls on Tuesday.

Currently wondering: when I'll be relaxed enough to consider trying to hit the pillow again. Hmm, maybe I'll give it a shot.

Currently: signing off. Ta!

Wee Willie Winkie
Runs through the town
Upstairs, downstairs,
In his night gown.
Rapping at the window,
crying through the lock
"Are all the children in their beds?
For now it's eight o'clock!"

1 comment:

KitchenKiki said...

I have that book. It was a good summer read.

Now I have to look into the rest of them, I forgot it was a series.

(well, when I bought it, it wasn't yet a series)

Hope ya get some sleep!