Sunday, November 25, 2007

What have I done?????

I succumbed to peer pressure and joined Facebook. I'm in there under my real name, so you won't find me unless you know me. Somehow I didn't understand the "we'll be importing your yahoo! address book now" and so I have all kinds of friends that yes, I am "friends" with, but I might not have chosen seek them out. But it's cool.

and addicting.

very very addicting.

But on the one hand, it overwhelms me quick and I'm like oh, gotta get offline. Which forced me to go to Tazza for breakfast this morning--I walked.

Okay, time to get ready for the rest of the day. I may turn the computer OFF completely so that it doesn't call my sweet name. Cuz I'd like to putter around the garret today...

3 comments:

Amy A. said...

Maybe you can clue me in to what the fascination with face book is all about. My kids are on it all the time. It's safe, right? Only those invited can join and what not.

~ej said...

everyone keeps asking me if i am on facebook.... ;-) i keep saying i have a blog and that's about as much as i can deal with it at one time ;-)
best of luck SL, enjoy it!!!

Sarah Louise said...

Amy: it's all about allowing. Right now (and probably forever) only my "friends" can see my profile. It is amazing, though, how quickly every move you make is "documented." So I will look at it also as librarian, as an experiment in the whole Web 2.0 (which is just a fancy word for connecting with the web, oh, I could look it up on wikipedia.)

As with any social networking online thing, it's not real hard to go off the path. As a parent, you might want to get a profile just so you can see what your kids are up to.

Not that you're spying on them, but it is another arena of their life, and it's like talking about drugs--you have to talk about internet safety. I may do a post on this. I SHOULD do a post on this. Someone, remind me, to do a post on this.