[Note: I am writing this part, so that makes it not a pre-written post. And the quote is new. Because I had a gazillion bad dreams last night and am very close to tears until I realized, ah! I'm awake and none of those bad things really happened!! Also, I changed the labels.]
I'll come back later and do linky stuff.
from Daysgoby from Major Bedhead
Total number of books owned: Who knows? If a bookcase holds around 40 books then I have maybe around 240.
Last book bought: Mary Poppins she wrote: the life of P.L. Travers.
Last book read: Am re-reading A long way down by Nick Hornby. I lurve this book.
Ten (Five times two) Books that Mean a Lot to You:
- Walking on Water: Reflections on Faith and Art by Madeleine L'Engle
- Writing down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg
- Dicey's Song by Cynthia Voigt
- Eat Cake
- Good in Bed by Jen Weiner
- Girl's Poker Night
- A Bargain for Frances
- Julian, baby of the world
- The Bible
- Home girls: a black femenist anthology
(Jess at DGB added this one)
Five Books That You Just Don't Get:
- A prayer for Owen Meany: I have tried three times (at different ages of my life) to read this book. It just isn't for me.
- The Giving Tree. I have heard all the arguments that the tree is a Christ figure but I still don't like it.
- The Lord of the rings books. (I don't like the movies either.)
- Catherine called Birdy (UGH, the diary format was horrible!!)
- The Brothers Karamazov.
- A long way down by Nick Hornby
- It's called a breakup because it's broken
- Dairy Queen
- Off Season
- Walter the Farting Dog
If you haven't, and want to, I TAG YOU.