Wednesday, November 14, 2007

You know...

...you've been blogging too long when your computer guesses three letters into the vw for you.

...you've been doing Mother Goose too long when you forget half your program including the verse "if you're angry and you know it stomp your feet" to your closing song.

*******

This is a CRAZY week. It just is. Today is the last Mother Goose until February--"the day before Valentine's Day, so bring chocolate!" Last night I fell asleep in my clothes, woke up at 4 am, put on my nightgown, and slept through til 8:14. I called the chiropractor, got on the schedule for 8:30, pulled some clothes on, drove to Etna, and waited through til 8:45 before I was seen. Sitting in the reception area, we had lots of fun, there is another Sarah Louise that two weeks in a row has had her Wednesday appt. same time as me and we were giving the one guy in there a hard time, just talking about "men." He took our bait and it was a regular comedy routine. At 9:05, I called work, drove over to Burger King for drive thru, parked, doctored up my coffee, and drove to work.

Before Mother Goose, I told Sally I was going to observe her "Kangaroo" Storytime tomorrow (I never have watched her and I need to make up hours.) We penciled in a Snowman party for Dec 19, and then I went to "meet my public." We had at least 45 folks (grandmas, grandpas, moms, kids, and two boys who could not stop laughing.)

Daysgoby asked if I'd share my apples and kielbasi recipe. So here ya go.

Sarah Louise's Kielbasi and Apples

6 apples (or whatever you have--I made it this time with three)
3/4 cup brown sugar (or 4 shot glasses if your measuring cup is dirty)
2 kielbasi (they come that way)

Peel and cut the apples into 16ths. Set aside.
Cut the kielbasi in half longways and then into strips. Fry them a little bit until they get a little brown in a fry pan.
Put the kielbasi and the apples in a pan (11 by whatever), spread on the brown sugar, and bake for about 30-45 minutes. (You're trying to cook the apples, b/c the kielbasi is already cooked.)

This can be improvised, which I did this time by nuking the apples the night before and then putting them all together in a bowl in the fridge so they'd be ready for the crock pot to sit during the memorial service until they came back for the luncheon/wake. So they were in the crock pot on Low for 2 hours? I have no idea how they turned out, but I'm guessing good.

(This is based on a Joy of Cooking recipe called "Sausages and Apples".)

Somebody go have a drink for me (Badger?) ...today over my lunch I go to the dealership to see if they can get my driver's side door to work. I'm tired of playing Bo Duke. (Actually I just crawl over the passenger's side.)

2 comments:

KitchenKiki said...

I'll volunteer to have a drink for you...

Sarah Louise said...

Go for it!