Wednesday, November 21, 2007

another in a series...

...so I got pulled over for speeding in a school zone. I did NOT get a ticket. I was however sobbing from the adrenoline rush by the time I reached NH Sally's house to pick up yesterday's lunch leftovers for my breakfast.

Let's talk about something else, shall we? Something not related to anything automotive...which, I am taking the next coupla days OFF of thinking about anything car related. I am not taking my car to shops for bids, I am not calling the warranty company to find out about getting my door fixed, I am not stewing over the fact that I'm missing some tail lights. All that can wait until MONDAY thankyouverymuch. I may have to work my regular job every day except for Thanksgiving and Sunday, but I see no need to get in a tizzy over the hunk of steel that gets me to and fro. And c'mon, no one will be around anyways.

*****************

Max's parents have been around as he has been recuperating. I swear, I feel like a fourteen year old as Max and I hold hands and converse quietly as his dad sits on the other side of the room, reading.

*****************

Oh, this is funny. (Which according to Deborah Tannen, is how women start all jokes.)

Five tips for a woman
  1. It is important that a man helps you around the house and has a job.
  2. It is important that a man makes you laugh.
  3. It is important to find a man you can count on and doesn't lie to you.
  4. It is important that a man loves you and spoils you.

and the most important tip of all:

5. It is important that these four men don't know each other.

*********

I think we are going to see Bella over the weekend (we being the Louise family minus my brother. The 'rents and Bird arrive sometime tomorrow before our 1pm buffet lunch at the Sheraton Station Square.)

**********

Can you tell I'm totally not focused on the fact that tomorrow is Thanksgiving?

But I am thankful. For so many things. Let's just leave it at that.

3 comments:

Amy A. said...

Happy Thanksgiving, SL! I hope you have a great time with your family.

nutmeg said...

Cars - can't live with them; very difficult to live without them. I hate it when something goes wrong with mine - I only know how to drive it (just!) and when something goes wrong I always imagine the worst!

Hope your Thanksgiving treats you much better than your car :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving,
Quite funny those 5 tips for women, rather enjoyed and spread them word of mouth :)