Friday, January 27, 2006

Seed for the sower

If you are a fan of this blog, you know a couple of things: "You've got mail" is in my VCR more often than any other movie, usually to combat insomnia. I have multiple pairs of pink sneakers. I love my garett. I love the Golden Globes. You probably also know that my current "Vision Verse" (okay that's a phrase I just made up, but I don't know what else to call it) is Hosea 10:12. Erin, my friend over at Biscotti Brain, just emailed me this verse, 2 Corinthians 9:10: (in the Amplified Translation)

"And [God] Who provides seed for the sower and bread for eating will also provide and multiply your [resources for] sowing and increase the fruits of your righteousness [which manifests itself in active goodness, kindness, and charity]."

A few other favorites on sowing: (okay, just one)

"He who goes out weeping, carrying the seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him." (Psalm 126:6)

It reminds me of the verse that Joke always has to remind me of the address: "Weeping tarries for the night, but joy comes in the morning."

My tulips have lived their span. I bought them at Whole Foods for 6.99!! last week. They were pink tulips, my favorites. What kind of seed brought the silk flowers on my desk (brown eyed Susans), at the top of my stairwell (yellow flowers, delicate), on my new Ikea dresser (red tulips, with fake drops of dew), and on my dining room table (pink tulips)?

"You walk by and I fall to pieces" --Patsy Cline, on WJAS, right now.

I'm on the desk at noon, so I'm taking my time this morning. Can't find the digi camera, which is why you are not seeing show and tell pix of my computer. It's a black Dell Dimension desk-top.

Say a prayer for the Women's Gathering at Bellefield this weekend. After spending time at the Open Door which is male dominated in a not so bad way, I think I will be in shock to be surrounded by the women who know me, who have seen me through my life...but as Babelb said when we spoke yesterday, "It will be a good thing."

I will also be in shock to not be working on Saturday!! I have tickets to see Miss Saigon on Saturday and tickets to see Chris Tomlin on Sunday. So I think now I need to sift through my mail, pay some bills, and get over to the place that pays me to answer questions like "Do you have any books on Gray Wolves?"

4 comments:

blackbird said...

My cousin's wedding is going to be pink and brown --
with lots and lots of pink tulips.
Now when I see them I will think of you!

--erica said...

thank you for the verses..again :)

Sarah Louise said...

bbird--pink and BROWN? An interesting choice, not sure I've heard of that for a wedding...

erica,
you're totally welcome.

SL

Joke said...

Remember that when we sow, the object is to reap and, for our efforts, we are supposed to be reaping (since by their fruits you shall know them):

"love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control."

-J.