Thursday, January 05, 2006

Let's try this again...

Let's play where's the curser? Oh there it is. So this first picture is of my entryway table. The table was my Aunt Margaret's (I got a lot of cool furniture when she died). The balloon lady was my grandmothers, but originally my great grandmother's. I mentioned I liked it one year (I think when we were hanging around after my Aunt Hilda's funeral) and got it for my birthday or Christmas the next year. It is my favorite piece. The girl in the dress has a bouquet of topaz, my birthstone. The picture is one of my bro and me, when he was 1 and I was 12, in a hammock. It's blocked by an unpainted nativity set, and yes, that is an eggshell (I think robin) in the forefront. I spy? Do you see the chicken? I have a thing for them, as does my dear sis.
I bought $12 roses on New Year's Eve as a "it's okay you have to work today" consolation prize.
This is my new comforter, on the bed! Isn't it gorgeous? That's Marvin, my Kringle bear from the late eighties.
These are the pink sneakers I bought for Téah. I'll have to find out how to put an accent on the e (Joke?--no, I haven't located the .exe yet....I have a cold!!) It's so exciting to have a girl child to buy for--almost all of my friends have boy children.

I don't think my S&T will be on time, but at least you'll have these lovelies. Alright, back to bed. Maybe I'll pull out the vaporizer.

Update on the surviving miner: he's 26, not 27, and he's in a special oxygen chamber at a hospital on the North Side (that's Pittsburgh), AGH (that's Allegheny General Hospital).

Oh, and though in many ways I'm now a Pittsburgher, at the party I went to on New Years, when I admitted I rarely go to the Strip, they looked at me pitingly and said, "Oh, you're not from here?"

5 comments:

Joke said...

[resigned sigh] OK.

Click on "start"
Click on "search"
Click on "for files or folders"
Click on "all files or folders"
Where it says "all or part of the filename" type charmap.exe
Click on "search"

You're welcome.

-J.

Joke said...

P.S. The é is ALT + 130
The á is ALT + 160
The í is ALT + 161
The ó is ALT + 162
The ú is ALT + 163
The Ñ is ALT + 165
The æ is ALT + 0230

HTH,

-J.

Sarah Louise said...

Oh Joke, you're my hero! (albeit an evil non-Canasta playing one)

alyssa said...

Téah is going to LOVE those shoes!!! signed - Téah's mommy who still gets to decide what she loves to wear. haha. (but who couldn't love pink shoes!)

Sarah Louise said...

I know!! I'm so excited about them! Hope Téah's cold is lessening...