Sunday, January 01, 2006

It's still 2006! (but here are some Christmas pix)

Blackbird asked for pictures, so here are some--this is my new comforter as the backdrop to my new lamp. I played around with the photo software on my computer, but it didn't come through. Oh well.
This was my sister's idea, to use old candles in the non-working fireplace. I did not take a picture of the later fire that ensued when one of the larger candles split in two.
This is one of our many Christmas villages. They are such a part of my memory of Christmas.
Insomnia leads to interesting pictures--this is me looking at Proverbs 31, which describes "a virtuous woman." It's one of my favorite passages, probably because it was never pushed down my throat (why some women hate it). Anyways, I thought it was a cool photo.

Listening to some great Vienna music thing on PBS. Just got off the phone with the Virginia branch of the family. My brother is there, too, playing canasta with my mom. Jealous, moi? No, of course not. And tomorrow they are going to see The Family Stone (which I recommended) without me!! But really, I'm not going to fly down just for that.

So...went to a nice New Year's Day party at BJ's. It was great to just hang out with folks. I was one of the last ones to go.

Finished Loves me, Loves me not. I'll blog on it later.

6 comments:

Joke said...

Canasta?

-J.

blackbird said...

lovely comforter...
candles in the fireplace are wonderful -
and that wee village!

I like all this pictures...

Sarah Louise said...

Canasta is a card game...I used to be a pro, but I haven't played in ages...I have apparently unbeknownst passed my talents on to my bro.

Joke said...

Well, I know what canasta IS, ya nut. I meant that in my experience, canasta is something that grandmothers play. I'm not slagging grandmothers--I've had two myself--or non-grandparental canasta players, I was just registering surprise!

-J.

Sarah Louise said...

I learned it from my grandmother, we all did, by default (my grandma taught me, my mom taught my bro). It's very hip in certain Virginia households, in case you haven't been reading your copy of the Robb Report.

Oh how I hate insomnia!!

Joke said...

Noted!

-J.