Sunday, January 22, 2006

One for the thumb

Here we go Steelers--to the Superbowl!

Now, yins know I am not a football fan, but I am a Pittsburgher, so I rejoice in this latest sporting event: Steelers 34, Broncos 17.

I don't get CBS unless I hook my TV up to the VCR that doesn't work (see, it almost takes too much time to type that, why bother doing it) so I watched the last half hour of the game in black and white and on mute. There is a house of men behind my house, and whenever something big happened, you'd hear a shout. When the game ended, they burst into "Here we Go Steelers, Here we Go!"

So church is in 10 minutes and I guess I have to come up with something to eat for dinner. I was thinking this morning that I "pity the fool" that had to give the sermon if we lost the game.

There are cars going up the street, just honking their horns. Woo hoo!!

***
everyone's doing movie quotes. I'm not so good at that, but here are a few things I say a lot:

"I pity the fool" (from Friends, quoting The A-team)
"I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats." (which I think is from an ad for something...)

2 comments:

blackbird said...

I love this movie line business that is going around...
at dinner tonight we sat and thought of still more that we use regularly.
"Where did you say the fish was caught." (from Love And Death, used any time at all to signify confusion)
"Asps, very dangerous, you go first."
(Indianna Jones)
"Nazis, I hate these guys." (ibid)

--erica said...

Now that "Laughed/cried" quote is going to bug me.. where did it come from?? Hmmmm...

Our favorites or MINE I should say are all of the Austen movie quotes, that if you don't know the movie mean nothing..
"I am excessively fond of a cottage"..
see? nothing. ;)