Monday, January 16, 2006

And the Golden Globe Goes To...

Happy Martin Luther King's bday. If you're in da Burgh, think about going to the fest from 5:30-8pm at the Union Project.

So far, Anthony Hopkins got the Cecil B. DeMille lifetime achievement award. Gwyneth Paltrow was the presenter--she's just showing her pregnancy a little bit. (She is pregnant, right?) I think the best moment was when Sir Anthony (he is a Sir, isn't he?) said thank you to all the anonymous workers, the grips, wardrobe, costume, the camera men, all those people that work just as hard as any of us in front of the screen. (Not a direct quote, but you get the gist.)

Best Director goes to Broke back Mountain--Ang Lee. "This year has been an amazing year in American cinemas."

John Travolta is up there right now. YES YES YES Joaquin Phoenix won for Best Actor Comedy or Musical. It was funny to watch Reese, who like a good wife, nodded at each person he named, approvingly.

So now I can go to sleep (I already fell asleep on the couch earlier).

*****

Okay, I'm back. I kept the TV on whilst I wandered in blogland, and let's see who else won--that chick from Desperate Housewives for "TransAmerica." BBabe, we have to watch it when it comes out on DVD!! Walk the Line won best musical or comedy--YES!!!!!! Oh, and Brokeback Mt. won best movie or whatever they call it. I have only learned in the past few days that this is the last season for "Will and Grace" so they got to go up as a cast and introduce "Best TV show" which was won by "Lost" a fave of my sis. Since I only get FOX, NBC, and PBS, and I work two nights a week, I have never seen it or most of the other nominees. Lesee, other moments from the GG's: a few nice peeks at Heath Ledger, now I want to see "The Squid and the Whale" which features the chick from Love Actually who had the sick-o brother that always called her on the cell. I am not linking this post up, because I want to SLEEP!!

Oh, and in other news, the dresser was brought home today, and is living in my back room...it is blonde and so does not match any other furniture in the room, (dark, dark, and brown) but maybe I'll, Oh I don't know. It's from IKEA originally (although I scored it for $10 at my hardware store's consignment area) so you can imagine the color. It has potential, though. I think maybe it will get a major decoupage makeover...this could be fun! Right now it is staring at me, like a blank canvas, almost mockingly, but in a friendly way, as inanimate objects can sometimes do.

Yes, I must retire to the other room--the dresser just keeps looking at me!!

Stop that!!

10 comments:

blackbird said...

done.

Sarah Louise said...

In case you have come in late, Bbird's comment was to an earlier version of this blog--so she either was thinking good thoughts my way (Jan 16 is a bad day for me, historically) or jumping in the lake because I used the phrase "shout out." Thanks Bbird!!

Oh, and this has got to be said, I feel another post coming on, does it ever crack you up when your computer tries to help you fill in the word verif? Give it up!!

blackbird said...

gad.
thought I had some kind of brain disorder there for a moment.

now...to comment on THIS post -

K and I tuned in to the globes only for that moment when AH made his speech. We sat in stunned silence for those few minutes as K has spent his life as one of those guys - and
no one ever says thank you.

Sarah Louise said...

As you can see, I unwittingly seem to throw you into confusion. It's not on purpose, I promise! I just like to change things up every once in a while and I didn't feel like creating another post with the title "and the golden globe goes to..."

--erica said...

you never cease to make me smile sarah :)
[big cheesy grin]
and just for YOU ..a word verif.

Eutndeg?
good day to you in german.

Joke said...

OMG. Will 'n' Grace is STILL on TV?

-J.

Sarah Louise said...

Where have you been? I rarely watch the show, but at least I knew it was still on!! Although, this from a girl who watches the Today show at least twice a week, the mouthpiece for all NBC shows, esp the new Thursday night line-up!

Joke said...

It's appalling. I watch less TV than Poppy.

-J.

BabelBabe said...

you do know reese is *not* married to joaquin, yes?

Sarah Louise said...

Yes, but she *was* acting like that during the GG's when he was up at the podium (while her husband was right next to her.)