Saturday, December 02, 2006

I'm sure this never happens to you...

So, today I was going to work, 9-5. Busted! I had leg cramps and all over feeling wretched, so I worked from 9:45 to 1.

So, usually I take Sunday off. Busted! My co-worker's grandma died so I'm working her hours. But, that gives me extra hours (to make up for leaving early today).

So, I watched movies (well, fell asleep during Runaway Bride) and just as Akeelah and the Bee was finishing, my cell phone rang! I love that sound, b/c unlike my regular phone, I never get telemarketers!

It was Sandy, who wondered if I wanted to meet her for dinner. SURE! So I went to the Union Station Cafe and talked about how I was going to Babette's Feast. Maria showed up too. How much I love that movie, how a friend of mine runs movies...and I got home around 7:15 and thought, there is no way I'm going out again.

Well, I did, but not to see Babette and her feasting. I got two beers at the mini-mart on Friendship Ave and some more heating pads at Walgreens and I'm drawing a bath as I write this.

It's called flexibility. I can't wait to go to bed early!!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Sounds like one of those days that really got going after work....

Amy A. said...

Okay, the mom in me is going to speak up. Are you getting enough calcium? A little extra should take care of those cramps.

Sorry, I just can't help myself sometimes. Sleep well!

Caro said...

Beers and a warm bath sound great! I'm jealous. :)

Sarah Louise said...

I am taking more calcium than before, and it is better than before, but I'll look into that.

Thanks ladies. I went to bed early and although I still feel a little ick, it's MUCH better than yesterday.

I saved one of the beers for later...