Thursday, December 07, 2006

...I wanna be a Toys R Us Kid

(the first part of that song being: I don't wanna grow up...)

Just got off the phone with Kelly who bless her heart told me to give myself grace. Both of us traveled at Thanksgiving and will be traveling at Christmas and right now she's doing most of the parenting as her DH finishes up his Ph.D. work.

It was such a breath of fresh air, to have someone tell me to give myself grace, to slow down, to take it one day at a time. Because frankly, right now, I am so overwhelmed I could cry (actually, I did, on the phone with Kelly, which totally surprised me--I didn't realize how exhausted and overwhelmed I was.)

So take heart, dear Internets. He comes with healing in his wings, Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace.

Off to the allergist!!

No comments: