Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thoughts on Harry....

Ain't life grand? It's almost 11pm and I just surfed a bit, to see how the other blogs on my "roll" were doing. Discovered a new blog via Bobbie, Jesus Creed? (I think that's the name), and realized again that I will never have time to read all the blogs out there. Oh well. Update on a few things: for my birthday (which is Monday) (the 34th anniversary of the Cleveland Browns being trashed (0-7) by the Washington Redskins) (The Browns who are now the Ravens) we went to see HP#4. What a great flick.

  • Love that Mike Newell, who also directed among others, Enchanted April, Four Weddings and a Funeral, and Mona Lisa Smile.
  • Don't know whose job it was to get a new music director, but bravo on that, the theme was no longer recycled from the "Home Alone" trilogy.
  • The audience clapped at the end--I love it when that happens and we forget it's just light projected on a screen.
  • My parents were completely confused, since they haven't read the books, and I was surprised that I actually knew more than my sister on some accounts.
  • I loved Moaning Myrtle's moment--sis and I agreed she needs more appearances.
  • Also loved that Rowling populates her books and hence the movies with many ethnicities--the Patile sisters, Indian, Cho Chang, Chinese, and random other ethnicities.
  • Was not impressed with the scene of Serius's face in the fireplace--not at all as I pictured it from the book--they could have spent more time on that special effect methinks.

  • Loved loved loved it when Hermione says, "I'm not an owl!" when Harry and Ron aren't speaking.

  • Loved how Barty as Moody nurtured Harry even though he did really want Harry destroyed. The complexity of that relationship is one of my favorite paradoxes.

Oh, for my birthday dinner we went to an Indian restaurant. Very good. We had naan and green cilantro sauce and other good food. Yogurt, basmati rice...all very good. Then home to dessert (the end of the birthday cake from Thanksgiving Day made by Aunt Pat, traditionally made by Grandma for me) and presents: from my sister, Love Actually on DVD (which I've seen and LOVE the commentary); and from my dad, Carole King, The Living Room Concerts. A surprise, which really pleased me--I've been missing CK as all of my music is on LPs that are waiting to be transferred to CDs.

Time for bed, tho.

3 comments:

Joke said...

I liked the sheer Englishness that permeated the film this time...in HP3, there was a tinge of that "has-the-director-MET-any-English-people?"

The girl who played Cho Chang wasn't as cute as I thought she'd be. I was thinking of a teenage Ming Na Wen, but maybe that's just me.

-Joke

Sarah Louise said...

Agreed! Just spent 20 or so min trying to get my computer to get beyond the "Restore My Active Desktop." Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Who knows, maybe the problem was a cd in the cd player--after that it *did* work. Only after I soft and hard rebooted it about 8 times!!! I need to converse with my computer geek friends...

Anonymous said...

Today is Monday.
I have thought of you every day of this month hoping that this day would come without me forgetting the very important....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !!

I love ya!!