Friday, November 25, 2005

So much to blog about...and so little to say...

Well, it's Friday, so a show and tell is in the works...

I surfed a bit thanks to blogger knowledge--found a site called ageless blogging and a wonderful blog by millie, called my mom's blog.

Am reading Thorn Birds, The Summons (Grisham), my grandmother's diary (really!), and have settled on the one Joke recommended about Rome's architects.

But this gem can't wait: whilst eating breakfast with my parents (a treat to be home!) we dipped into family history. My dad told us this story: His mom (my Granny) asked her dad why he wasn't in the Civil War. He replied, my mother wouldn't let me! (He was born in 1861, came to the US in 1863!)

Bunny (my sister's rabbit, Quince, named after a character in Amistad, but everyone calls him Bunny) ate the numbers off the remote! It still works, you just have to count out where the numbers would be. My mother says, "He's a rodent!"

Idiocyncracy of this keyboard: when I try to type quotation marks, "" I end up typing two at a time (see?!)

Just chatted briefly online with Jessamyn West (librarian.net). She's the coolest "celebrity" I know.

All of cable and the only thing worth watching is what I'd watch at home: Ellen. I had to consult with my sister twice on how to get the remote to do what it was supposed to do.

Ellen is talking about packing: how we always pack more than we need. I adore her!! This is not an inspired post...

I think I'll just link it up and see if I can do a show and tell..

No comments: