Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thankfulness in the wee hours

Things I am currently thankful for:

  • My dad did all the driving and I am home--egad, I am living in what I shall now dub the "Brazil room." My mother has put up navy blue curtains and all the paintings from the period we lived in Belem du Para, Brazil when I was a babe in arms until I was two.
  • All my "flesh friends," esp. Babelbabe; my sister (who just got a job!); and all you bloggers out there, especially Joke.
  • For the joke Jack Prelutsky gave us on Monday which I gave to my father as we drove through the zoo on our way home (over the river and through the zoo, to Waterworks we go...Panera's the dinna, New Stanton's the rest stop, hurrah for the pumpkin pie!) "What do you have when a crow loses his voice?" Lost caws.
  • For the Ruth Circle at my mom's church (my dad goes there too but I still call it my mom's church): they always send me a birthday card, signed by all of them. My mom signed it "Hi honey!"

And now to bed. The time stamp does not lie this time--it really is 1:50something.

Merry Thanksgiving to all! May I have time to read the Thorn Birds and all the other books I lugged here from the Burgh...

I can't stop blogging! What Bruce Robison, rector at St. Andrews says to people when he gives them directions: Anywhere you're coming from in Pittsburgh, just follow the signs to the zoo.

No comments: