Friday, November 04, 2005

God gave thee eyes, plagiarize, plagiarize

Thanks to Bobbie and Karen for this ebay link.

It was sunny at lunch, but now it's back to Pittsburgh gray.

Tomorrow my friend Bill is going to show me how to check the air pressure in my tires!! Do I have great friends or what?

Haven't decided yet if I'm going to the Soul Patch concert at the UP. I love live music, but I crave sofa time. But I don't have a great book to read and I'm not sure I'm up for another dose of Three Wishes.

The boys over at computers 51 and 53 are getting away with something as they laugh--but they are so quiet that I really don't care. I'm supposed to be sorting books that have torn pages.

Hmm, there's a short story class at the UP. On Wednesday eves, starting in January...not sure I want something that's every week, though, seeing as I'm already out of the house most Tues and Thurs eves. I'm hoping to take a stained glass class though, in March.

Okay, staring into space for long periods isn't the best sign...let's sort some damaged books!!

7 comments:

Joke said...

Defacing books is one of two offenses that ought be punishable by beheading. Do. Not. Get. Me. Started.

-J.

Sarah Louise said...

Define defacing: is it okay to underline/write in books you own? Because I do that all the time. The ones that concern me are books that clearly have dog bite marks on the cover, or water damage, or scribble scrabble pen marks.

btw, laughed on the way home about the back hoes, driving in my car, laughing my head off. Thanks!

swoicpa: suzi was oogling [the] cpa. would he do her taxes?

Joke said...

I was thinking of books one does not own and, specifically, library books. (Or bound periodicals)

If you wanna drive a basilisk fang through your copy of 101 Carb-Free Desserts I shan't stop you.

Sarah Louise said...

Oh, have I a t-shirt for you! (and it's pink!) (and it will undoubtably show up pink too) It's about bound periodicals. Stay tuned...

dxztr: dexter, zoos, tractors, raisins?

Joke said...

For the record, I am a huge fan of pink. A long time ago, in silent protest to something stupid a certain University did, I wore something pink EVERY day until I graduated.

And yes, book-defacers will be mutilated when I become dictator.

-J.

BabelBabe said...

joke, when you become dictator -- well, hell, i am frankly terrified. will i be required to be sartorially together? will the great dishevelled masses - headed up effortlessly by me - be executed?

Joke said...

No, no, no. You'll be fine. But junk food will be outlawed and so will any TV program proven to cost IQ points.

That sorta thing.

-J.