Thursday, November 10, 2005

Matt is in Shanghai today and it's raining in the 'Burgh

Oh, it stopped raining. Today is the first Summer Reading Workshop--librarians from all over Allegheny County will be converging on an undisclosed location in O'Hara Township to learn all the secrets about the theme for next summer, "Claws, Paws, Tails, and Scales." The illustrator for the program is David Shannon, of No, David and stripes...something. Hey, I'm on a deadline, I have to leave in 5 or so minutes to get there EARLY (we hope) (probly not, as this post gets longer)--unlike my library, the workshop is about 1o minutes from home.

Last night I drove about 60 miles (round trip) to have dinner with a dear friend, Kitty. Of course, it's a pseudonym, but I have to say, I have to stop having K friends because I've just discovered there are only about 12 listed in my Random House Dictionary. Kitty was the name of one of my grandmother's dearest friends, and actually, one who she had differences over religion, something Kitty and I share: as a former Catholic and lifelong Protestant I am on the one side and as a former Protestant and a lifelong Catholic she is on the other. Last night we had a great time at a West Virginian Italian restaurant--very delicious. We usually dine at Robinson Towne Center, but Kitty really wanted to visit this restaurant for a second time, and I wanted to see her, so Undos it was. A good time had by all--there were tense moments, but we ended in laughter and a hug. May the Hallelujah chorus ring out!

The real reason I'll be late: Daniel Radcliffe on the Today show right now.

No comments: