Monday, August 07, 2006

Summertime tips

From Aunt Flo: (men, avert your eyes) If you're wearing Therma-Care heating pads on your stomach, make sure there is a layer of clothing between you and the pad. Otherwise, the sweat gets on the pad and it's itchy and uncomfortable. 'Nuff said.

Okay, you can look again.

From Uncle Carl: If you are washing your car on a day when you need the a/c on, don't do the self service touchless (as in, you in the car with the a/c on, while the car is being washed.) Besides, if bird crap is the issue, the touchless type really isn't going to do the job. You need the foaming brush followed by high power rinse. If you pay with a credit card, don't put it on the passenger side seat, it might fall off and you might go ballistic thinking you lost it. Look in any and all crevices BEFORE you walk circles around the carwash five times looking like a lunatic. And if it wasn't in your wallet the first three times you looked... When you find the card, put it back in your wallet, not in your back pocket. While you're at it, put your library card back in your wallet as well.

From Aunt Penelope: If your intent to go to the North Hills is to return movies to Giant Eagle, do that first. Then go visit with your friend. (It saves gas, you know, if you don't have to keep retracing your steps.)

Aunt Hilda says: And don't spill my coffee! (Yes, it's an inside joke that unfortunately only I will get. But hey, it's my blog.)

A few housekeeping notes:
Comment moderation is on, but no word verifs! Also, lots more on the work shoes blog roll. Welcome all.

5 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

testing 123...

Sarah Louise said...

From Aunt Margaret: if it's your blog, you don't have to moderate your own comments.

Paula said...

All good tips I shall take to heart.

Eileen said...

woah - you switched around your side bar and blog links... that's going to mess me up - I had an order that I would read through... hehe... :o) see you for lunch tomorrow! (I feel so important - I'm going to lunch w/ SL! hehe... shoot what should I wear?! haha)

MsCellania said...

Bwwa ha ha! I don't do diddly on my blog except post. Carolyn's links are now my links. Check stats? What's that? WV is as fancy as it gets.

And your tips otherwise? I shall put into immediate service, if possible. My Aunt Hilda (from Pittsburgh!) was my godmother. She was The Best. She is of Late, sadly.