Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Other things that can happen every 30 or so minutes:

I have just watched 3 more episodes of Sex and the City (Season 6, Pt. 1). I have also updated my bank accounts, transferred money, paid two delinquent bills, and gotten a late fee waived.

Meanwhile, Carrie has been dumped by a Post-it note, Charlotte got engaged (again), and Samantha is someone's girlfriend (sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g).

I think I will call this "girl week." I think next year I'm doing it without the 20% pay cut for medical leave. Today, Eileen and I went to Qdoba (we have to stop eating beans and rice--neither of us could finish, we were so full!) and then Goodwill. Tomorrow Alyssa and I are picnicking in the Park, and Thursday, Sally and I are celebrating her birthday a day early by window shopping the shops and galleries on Ellesworth Street. I still have not made it to the pool, though. Friday?

After lunch, I drove to the North Hills to get blood drawn and made an instant friend when I confided to my phlebo-whatever they're called, the lab techs that take your blood, that I was Bipolar II. "So am I," she whispered. So we exchanged stories. And for the record, she was the nicest, sanest person I dealt with all afternoon at that hospital.

On the way home, I Get-Go'd my gas tank (32 cents off per gallon!!) and got milk. Then, there was, what? Italian Ice at the tennis courts? Am I hallucinating? (Our Italian Ice guy died in March.) I almost drove by, but got over that fast and parked. I got a picture and got two watermelon ices, one for me and one for Babs, who has been painting the back porch. It wasn't the best ice we'd had, but it was cold, and we are so glad that there is Italian Ice in Highland Park once more!! It was a classic case of "it's the thought that counts."

Babs continued painting and we continued talking until I remembered that I had purchased milk and it was probably sweating away in the car. So I went home and did all that stuff. I still have about three loads of laundry, but I might have to switch gears and do dishes, since laundry can wait but you don't want to leave for a week with dirty dishes. (Unless you have Carolyn's mom.)

Sigh.

But it's only Tuesday, and I am making headway. Go me!

No comments: