Saturday, August 12, 2006

ISO: Cell phone!!

So, yesterday I was joking about my cell phone trying to get lost--and it did, for real. Em and I went to the movies, I remember turning it to vibrate, put it back in the pocket. Went to the theatre today--they are thorough and even log when they find items. I went back into the actual theatre to check for myself, nada!

You can see floor in my apartment, now, and I have still not found it.

And the phone is under my dad's name, so I can't do anything (replace, etc, without the last 4 of his SSN and that's not something I have memorized...)

UGH. So, off I go, to get ready for a special someone's birthday party, then a pre-baptism party, and MAYBE Bill Malonnee if I still have any brain cells left. Oh, and lunch might be a concept, in there somewhere.

Em: It's staying lost for a reason.
Me: Yeah, so you can finally see floor in my apartment.

We live in a fallen world, and it's very possible at this point that it is not in the right hands, but, hey, the silver lining is that I can see floor. And I found at least 10 errant hair bands while disassembling the sofa.

UGHHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh.

Okay, let's see about lunch.

As bb would say, now it is time to drink.

7 comments:

Badger said...

Dude, did you try calling your cell phone from your regular phone? Because that's how I've always found mine.

AND check any cars you've been in!

I hope it turns up.

Sarah Louise said...

Yeah, the last thing I did was turn it to vibrate, so calling it is sort of a mute point. (Pun not intended, I promise!)

MsCellania said...

Moot point.
But Mute Point was pretty good.
I hope it finds you, and fast.
I HATE losing stuff.

Are you checking the right shorts/pants? I did that - found the phone when I was doing laundry (Before it went through the wash, thank goodness).

I'm looking for the actual box for the Wedgwood. Might as well ship it properly packaged...

Caro said...

Mute point. You've come up with a new expression.

I like it.

My husband turned his phone to mute when he was on a business trip. Then I could NEVER reach him.

Trying to call him was a "mute point."

Sarah Louise said...

Yeah, checked all the laundry. Besides, I only lost it last night, and I know what I wore then. But just in case it wanted to jump into the dirty clothes, I sorted through all of them, too.

Tomorrow I'll go to the Cingular store.

Badger said...

Aw, bummer. I can hear mine when it vibrates if I listen carefully, but maybe it's not supposed to do that! (Seriously, mine "hums" when it's on vibrate. And if it's sitting on a flat surface, it makes an awful racket. Weird!)

Sarah Louise said...

Well, mine does that too, but there is way too much wall to wall carpeting in this garret.