Friday, August 18, 2006

Aufstehen

(German for "Getting up.")

It hit me with a wall of bricks this morning. It=crippling depression. I don't want to go on my walk, I don't want to eat breakfast, I don't want to do anything that has "today" marked on it. Stay on the sofa and watch "About a Boy"? Okay...

So, let's rewind. Yesterday I had to leave our lunch date early (Sally and I were having so much fun window shopping) to drive like a NASCAR driver to get to the dentist. (They were able to fit me in at 2:30.) To discover I had a cavity. Not a big one, but he filled it there and then, so for the rest of the day, half my face was numb.

I stopped in at ye olde Library and picked up a hold item and picked out some other items (of course. One was The Girls, (not the one Babs just read) which I started a few years ago, didn't have the time to finish. I also picked up two by Erica Jong, books I've been meaning to read: Fear of Flying and How to Save Your Own Life. The piece de resistance, though, is a 20 CD set of Eugene Peterson's The Message//Remix.

And I don't have enough milk in the house for breakfast.

And today I have to pack.

And Dad doesn't have the cell phones yet--I have to be there for the process so we'll do it on vacation??

And today is the all important blood test to see if my WBCs are up--if not, we may have to change my meds (two months of bumpy emotions--yum.)

Today is also the second pelvic sonogram. Which means I have to drink lots of water and "hold it" for 2 1/2 hours before the sonogram.

Yesterday I watched the season finale of Sex and the City. Ah, the romance.

Today I also will attempt to wrap the housekeeping--which may involve emptying the contents of my kitchen cupboards if I still have bugs.

Our mayor is not doing well in his brain lymphoma. But he is using postage for the thank you cards he's sending.

They may have found the person who killed Jon Benet Ramsey.

When you're depressed, it IS every little thing.

So what am I to do? I am driving to McD's for a breakfast something and then off to give some blood for the betterment of me.

All shall be well, by and by. And watching "About a Boy"? I think that is an excellent idea, just what Herr Doctor ordered.

Chuss!

Maybe I'll "link this up" later. Right now, my stomach is shouting and if she won't listen to reason, at least she'll listen to that! Please send hugs.

7 comments:

Katy said...

*Hugs*

And that is one IT that you can't get from eBay.

Paula said...

Here's a hug. And a pat on the shoulder too.

Badger said...

Hugs from me.

I think the fact that you're able to write about it, to express it in some way, is a little thread of hope to hold on to.

Sarah Louise said...

Thanks guys!! I went and stopped in to see BJ and he said he always gets grumpy the day before vackay. Oh. Doesn't like the transition. Oh. Y'mean I might be normal, just a little bit?

Also, I am holding it in after taking a cinematic nap with "About a Boy." I'll start driving to the appt. in 8 or so mins.

Erin said...

(0000000000000000000)

MsCellania said...

Aw, SL; Big soft HUGS to you.

How'd the sono go?

Uh, boy. Bagging to prepare for a bug bomb. I helped a gf wrap up all her dishes. She ran them through the dishwasher afterwards. It was ALOT of work.

And I agree wtih Badger; hang on to your writing thread of hope.

lazy cow said...

Hugs to you, dear. Hope everything goes well for you.