Monday, August 28, 2006

The book that Meme

1. A book that changed your life. Dicey's Song by Cynthia Voigt. Dicey's perserverence tugged on me, and I became a Voigt convert until she started the Bad Girls books, which are, in my opinion, the not good kind of Bad.
2. A book you've read more than once. Besides Dicey's Song, Persuasion, Eat Cake, About a Boy, White Orchids...I tend to read fast and often forget or miss details, so rereading I often find things I missed the first time. Oh, how can I forget: Girls Poker Night.
3. A book you'd want on a deserted island. Robinson Crusoe, Swiss Family Robinson, a guide to building boats, and an atlas.
4. A book that made you giddy. Sisterchicks do the Hula. It's very funny and the type of book I want to write.
5. A book that you wish had been written. Honeymoon.
6. A book that wracked you with sobs. Searching for Caleb. I don't remember much now, but when I read it, I remember I was crying 20 pages before I got to the end and to the end.
7. A book you wish had never been written. The Bad Girls books by C.Voigt (see above).
8. A book you are currently reading. East of Eden by John Steinbeck which thus far has no redeeming female characters.
9. A book you've been meaning to read. White Teeth, now that LC has recommended it, (no one told me it was funny either) and Vickie loved it...

Maybe I'll link this up tomorrow. Right now, it's bedtime for Bonzo (and Sarah Louise).

Catch ya on the flip side...

No comments: