Sunday, January 08, 2006

Why insomnia isn't the best Saturday night scenario

I SLEPT THROUGH CHURCH!! I didn't mean to, it just...happened.

You see, with the cold, I slept a lot, no problem. But as I got better, naps created my old sleep routine: insomnia. (So the good news is that I'm almost better from my cold.) So at 4, I thought, I'll lie down for a bit. I woke up at 7:26!! (The OD generally starts at 6ish or 6:30 pm) Church sometimes goes until 8, so I threw on some jeans, shoes, and barreled down to the UP (5 minutes or less in the car) just in time to see people LEAVING! It was very sad. But I did get to see Ross, who had a heart attack this weekend (at the young age of 28) and I then went out for food with some good souls. I had mediterranean nachos, which is pita bread with this amazing dip that has asiago cheese and other wonderful things. I now smell (reek) of smoke. So, hey, I have an excuse to try out my brand new shower curtain!!

Luckily, Jake was the one giving the talk, so I can check it out on his website later in the week. Unluckily, I missed hearing it live. And all that singing!! Alas. Oh well, time to catch the last few minutes of Crossing Jordan.

2 comments:

--erica said...

I couldn't sleep either. What is up with that.. and on a Saturday night. that is just wrong.. Wishing you many "ZZZZZZZZZZZZ" tonight!!!

Sarah Louise said...

No such luck--it's 6 am and I'm fiddling...