Tuesday, January 10, 2006

More thoughts on movies

BB is going to write about me later today, so get ready. But the truth about me and movies is I find the ones I like and watch them over and over and over. After all the truth-telling in the last post, I felt like Jerry Maguire, vulnerable and not sure what to do.

I'm meeting with a friend tomorrow to go over my finances. Ugh. Back when I was a Mary Kay consultant, I had folders of bills and paperwork. Now I have piles, piles, and many more piles. Yes, can you believe the girl who wears jeans and sneakers to work, lipstick every once in a while, once ran a successful small business selling cosmetics in her own apartment? Those were great times. I loved being an entrepreneur. It was a pink dream. It lasted three years and it was more valuable than an MBA.

Ugh, time to get ready for work. Bob Sugar just delivered that great line, "It's not show friends, it's show business."

And right now we're getting introduced to "Show me the money."

And now Jerry is giving his "These fish have manners" speech.

And now Renee Zellwegger has joined Jerry in his quest. (I just like the name Renee better than Dorothy Boyd)

"We'll see you all again, sleep tight!"

2 comments:

Joke said...

The trick is not to even look in the direction of "overwhelmed" and to remember the way in which one human can eat a whole whale.

-J.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry...there is still plenty of time to get a pink Cadillac :)