Thursday, January 12, 2006

If your house is really a mess and a stranger comes to the door greet him with, "Who could have done this? We have no enemies."

(Phillis Diller)

Well, this week's show and tell is "your favorite room." Um, I like all the rooms, but if I took pictures, I'd need to give the Phillis Diller line. So I'll share my brand spanking new shower curtain. Now, BB *said* she was going to blog about this, but didn't. So I'll make fun of myself--she who laughs at herself will never stop laughing...

So this was the weekend I played hooky from Saturday cataloguing to get better from my cold and to watch the Godfather. Well, it was a "Rent one, Rent one Free" coupon, and the other movie I got was Roman Holiday. (Which I really liked.) A movie that does not emphacize matrimony as the end all be all? I'm in!! But by the time the day was halfway over, I wasn't sure I wanted to start a new movie.

So Sunday, I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got a shower curtain. The one I had before was over seven years old. It was moldy and gross. It needed replaced (catch the Pittsburghese there?). So the opening scene of GF is a wedding. Um, not really where I'm at right now...so I start dreaming about my shower curtain. And by the time Michael is going to go off and kill the two dudes with the gun that's gonna be hidden in the bathroom, I'm ready to take a break and hang my shower curtain. And then Emily called. So I haven't gone back to it. It would have been funnier if BB told it, and maybe now she will, but I felt I couldn't share my shower curtains without mentioning the GF connection.

Oh, and being that I live in a garret, the ceilings being sloped and all, I had to tailor my curtain. It's tacked up to the wall with thumbtacks.

Blogger is having issues with loading pix, so this is the only one...but you get the idea. It's a very cool shower curtain.

3 comments:

blackbird said...

okay - first, LOVE the PD line.
am definitely using it ASAP.

second -
ohgodohgodohgod. I do know we had a 'conversation' re the shower curtain and the Godfather...really...
but now I am lost and can't remember it and haven't slept well in a couple of days and there were like 54 crisis situations here and and and...

refresh me, will you please?
or I am doomed to be miserable all day over it.

gah.
(I've even gone through my emails in the hopes of being able to reconstruct it.)

Sarah Louise said...

not you, silly, the other BB. I'll have to come up with better nicknames for you too...

and you've never emailed me anyways.

don't be miserable! it's such a pretty day!

blackbird said...

GAH! LOSING MY MIND!!!!


whew.

now.

Babel Babe is BB uppercase
I am bb lowercase --