Saturday, January 07, 2006

Cabin Fever (and SPOILERS for Roman Holiday)

Being sick is sometimes like living in another country. I would really like to talk to someone in my zip code that isn't a clerk at the drug store, the counter-person at Wendy's, or the man at the gas station. I slept most of the afternoon away, and then watched one of my mom's favorite movies, "Roman Holiday." SPOILER: She does not end up with the guy in the end. My mother, the least romantic person I know, is a realist, so this makes sense. Bep has suggested I wait until tomorrow for the GF, since it's best watched all at once.

My sister truly is one of my favorite people (if you haven't figured that out yet, you're new here, right?). She knows I don't do well with black and white movies and she has seen RH many times, so when it started to look like it was going badly, I called her, for reassurance. I called her like three times during the movie and again when it was over, to say, drat, why didn't they end up together? I guess it just was, a "Roman Holiday." I'm such a romantic. And I've been brainwashed by Hollywood...

Well, time to find that book: Leota's Garden by Francine Rivers. It's pretty good so far.

4 comments:

--erica said...

I loved roman holiday..even if they didn't end up together.. i'm sorry you're sick :(

Joke said...

Hey! Whassamatta with B&W films?

-J.

Sarah Louise said...

Nothingsa wronga witha black&white movies. I'm just more familiar with the color ones. There's more subtlety in them...Actually, I started re-watching RH this morning and like it better the second time around. She really held her own with those two American men who were trying to sell her story down the river...

Joke said...

In the Big Serious Ones, the kanguage of B&W films usually strikes me as forced and awkward.

But watch His Girl Friday.

-J.