Saturday, January 07, 2006

Who is thy neighbor?

Today two neighbors called--one while I was in the bathroom, one while I was napping. I said I wanted to speak to people in my zip code...

Lord, soften my heart. Give me the grace to live in my neighborhood with my imperfections. Help me to reach out even when I feel sick. Mend the hurt that comes from my music (and thin as paper walls and floors) and my imperfect plumbing (any size bath does nothing to my bathroom but confounds my downstairs neighbor.) And give me sleep.

And thank you for my sister. Bless her extra special, Lord.

Amen.

Readings for tonight: The Good Samaritan; Psalm 7; Leota's Garden (just finished, very good, I cried!)

2 comments:

--erica said...

I needed the Psalm tonight Sarah. thank you.

Sarah Louise said...

oh, I'm glad.