Sunday, January 20, 2008

Seven words. Contests are fun. Go enter!

Your timing: until 6pm tonight, a contest.

Well blogger: can you distill advice concisely?

It's a contest to see who can write in 2-3-2 format, the pithiest advice. You win a bag n'at. These were my entries:

escapism has its merits, pay bills too.
grow something: green, crying, or bank account.
Dad said it first (but not in 7 words): "Outflow exceed income? Upkeep equals economic downfall."

I wasn't able to get the 2-3-2 down though.

There are over 832 so far, though the drinking red wine and living your dreams probably won't win as so many folks wrote about that. Maybe after I've eaten something I'll share my favorites, though I only read up to 166 and then skipped down to #800--I can't imagine judging this contest!

I've spent an hour with the New York Times and de.licio.us. It's time to eat something and get on with the day.

So this isn't much of a post, because my brain is glutted but my stomach is starving. And now there is a barking dog.

More later.

Well, one more thing. If you have a de.licio.us page, let me know. Here's mine. This is much more fun than Facebook--it's a librarian's/information junkie's playground. Wait till I show my dad. (the man, my dear dad, who, if he needed a second career, would be the best reference librarian you met, specializing in searching online newspapers.)

Off to feed my stomach.

3 comments:

KitchenKiki said...

I've got black bean soup on the stove & am about to start on paprika's for dinner, want some?

Sarah Louise said...

of course I do!!!

Amy A. said...

I missed it!