Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's late, it's cold, there's snow on the ground...

And your resident blogger has...nothing!

I've actually been living life instead of writing about it, and that is NOT to say one supercedes the other, I could not would not live if I could not write, but at the end of the day, I am tired.

And at the beginning of the day, I have to wash my hair first, because with the new 'do I can't put it up and not blow dry it. (Yes, pictures, soon.)

I went to a gathering thingy with some OD folks tonight and it was hard--I'm so used to not being out in the evening that when folks who genuinely cared asked me how I was, I wanted to break down and cry for the tenderness in their voices. Once we sat down and could talk intellectually, I could say brilliant things and it was much better. (Yes, she's humble, too.)

I had breakfast at Panera with Elle. Elle and I became friends, I calculated it, almost 15 years ago. We were in Mary Kay--she still is. And she is one of those friends that can speak truth into my life. I sat there and wept a little. So yes, today was a day punctuated by tears in the morning and the evening. She just listened as I told her that I just don't understand.

As I drove home this evening from the gathering, I went into that little place one must really never go, the place of "what ifs." Maybe if I had done something different, I would be coming home to a phone call instead of what I consider the longest silent treatment. No, my brain somehow hasn't fully processed the concept of "break-up." I keep thinking I'll walk in the front door and this will be the day that he'll sing that Billy Joel song, "I don't want to be alone anymore."

What fools we humans are. Remind me to get a copy of "It's called a break-up because it's broken" (which I "read" this spring BEFORE Max and I were a couple--it was an audio book.)

It's 10:30. If I want to get up and do some paperwork before work tomorrow (read: pay bills), I'd better go off to bed. No M*A*S*H re-runs for me tonight.

Tomorrow is the beginning of the Bellefield Women's Gathering, which will be a lot of socializing, dessert and games. Saturday is the continuation, speakers and sessions. Sunday is BJ's ordination. So I need my sleep, and I need to find out from someone how we're figuring that parking will work for tomorrow...

Color me pink, in my nighty, under the covers, sleeping. But oh, that blanket of snow, how it makes everything seem a little nicer. I do love snow. Oh, I do.

G'nite, sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite.
If they do, hit them with a shoe!

Oh, and the Dillons have illustrated a lovely Mother Goose counting book. How I love the Dillons.

G'nite....

Can I have a glass of water?

Sleep tight.

There might be monsters under the bed!

Don't let the bed bugs bite...

Bed bugs??

If they do...

IF?

Hit them with a shoe.

So I have to take shoes to bed?

Mommy!!!

May your sleep be restful and may you awake to a geography covered in white or green, whichever you prefer or is appropriate for your time zone.

Off to bed, Sarah Louise. You have a big day tomorrow.

Oh, alright. G'nite, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! I really like the ending of this post =)
I am too familiar with an evening ending like that..and the kiddies get choices, to go to bed like big kids or be in BIG TROUBLE! =)