Tuesday, January 01, 2008

If I drank, this might be what a hangover feels like...

Ugh. Because I was awoken from semi-deep sleep by NH Sally (see below), went to a NYE party, came home, wrote an insightful blog post, read, tried to sleep, failed, ate something (I know, but I was hungry!!), journaled, tried reading library journals as a sleep aid (bad idea--I'm too passionate about my career choice and I found an article co-authored by my new favorite librarian, David Lee King), finally gave up and made up the sofa as a bed, and put on Lady Jane. (Yes, I put movies in the VCR as a way to get myself to sleep...you must be new here.) I tucked in at about 5 a.m. and opened my eyes around 9 a.m. How I wish I could sleep late!!

BUT, there is amazing news here. I'm not manic. (As a bipolar woman, this is great news.) If I was manic, not having sleep would mean that I'd wake up and today would be a blur. I would feel like I no longer needed sleep...but I just pray and hope I can somehow fit a nap into today...maybe I'll sleep through some of the Rose (yawn) Parade. (Because I want to be awake for the Pens game...) (Although I wish that I had someone to watch it with...)

***a reality check--the fact that I'm blogging with ease does make me worry a little about the manic thing could get ahead of me, but I am going to do as much as possible to make today as normal as New Years Day can be, um.***

Then, upon waking, having a little breakfast, watching a little Today show, I of course logged on. A comment already on last night's post! From the lovely and ever talented Erin. And I have been online since then, through Ellen and now the Rose Parade. And I have been mostly been looking at the groups David is in. And by following link to link, I found a blog that I really want to share with you, NA Humble Orthodoxy. This PDF article about "are you thinking about leaving your church?" convicted me. (Nuff said.)

Btw, the Rose Parade is pretty good this year. And the puns are flying...But I really do need a bit of a nap...

Okay, time to stop writing and start a bit of a lie-down. More water...

1 comment:

Caro said...

I hope you've got more sleep by now. Happy New year!