Wednesday, January 02, 2008

In which I find myself watching the Fiesta Bowl instead of Seinfeld...

So, I had no idea that WVU lost their coach...I don't really follow college football. But after Two and a half men was over, all of a sudden, I was brought straight into the middle of a college football drama...

My cousin went to WVU. Her ex-husband went there, and my other cousin's husband did too. It's almost a West Virginia joke.

So yesterday the Penguins played the Sabres in Buffalo and WON! I fell asleep on the sofa during the game, thus catching up on lost sleep from the previous night.

No, this has not become a sports blog while you were sleeping (or while I was) but hey.

Oh, and last night I watched Happy Gilmore (about a failed hockey player who turns into a pro golfer).

That's it. I don't have any more sports to report.

I took a lot of books out today, though:

  • Praise Habit by David Crowder (Finding God in Sunsets and Sushi) I like David Crowder sort of (he's a musician) and this looked interesting. I found it on a friend's Library Thing account.
  • Three Weddings and a Giggle by Liz Curtis Higgs, Carolyn Zane, and Karen Ball. I read this like two years ago, the first time I worked an election. I dig funny smart Christian romances, and I re-read books. (This is three novellas bound in one binding.)
  • Mixed Signals by Liz Curtis Higgs. It was right NEXT to TWAAG. One is good, two is better.
  • Bookends by LCH. Third is the golden princess.
(All these were picked up on the way home at a nearby library that has a librarian that buys a lot of good Christian fiction.) (Which my library does NOT.) (Also, the Christian fiction titles have blue labels, such that I can browse the shelves and quickly find something.)

Also:
  • What they found: love on 145th st by Walter Dean Myers. Our children's district librarian's blog-->link to reviews-->our great YA collection. I haven't read any WDM in a long time.
  • First Daughter by Mitali Perkins. When my Yahoo address book was imported to Facebook, sort of unbeknownst to me (I didn't realize it would take ALL of my addresses), Mitali's address was in there. I've never read one of her books, but she wrote an article that I commented on, and so her email address was in my address book. Hence, we are Facebook friends and I feel like I need to have read at least one of her books...
Hey, I may even come back and write reviews...

Meanwhile, I'm slouching towards upgrading my computer to Windows XP from Me and one of my bosses just gave me an old laptop that has Windows 98.

I'm sorry, it would take me forever to link up all the books listed. Go use Google.

Frankie Vallie and the Four Seasons is singing the U.S. National Anthem. Anyone know why it was "God Bless America" and not "The Star Spangled Banner" after "Oh Canada" before the hockey game yesterday?

And now it's decision time...watch college football or read? I think I'll throw a load of laundry first.

2 comments:

Iamthebookworm said...

Mixed Signals is really good. Bookends is too, but I liked Mixed Signals better.

Sarah Louise said...

Oh cool! Good to know.