Thursday, February 22, 2007

Yakity Yak, Don't talk back....

Don't ask why those lyrics came to me as I steamed myself for the second time today. I have no voice and well, read the title again.

I am so incredibly uncomfortable. Maybe sleep will come and it will help...

And yes, I am steaming, drinking lotsa hot liquids, taking cough meds, drinking fruit juice and V-8, and chicken soup has become a staple in my diet. I'm doing all the right things, except, perhaps going to a two hour planning meeting for the OD Women's Ministry this evening. By the end, I had no voice.

Well, if you can't make a mistake, you can't make anything, as my dear mother would say. Tomorrow, as Scarlett O'Hara would say, is another day.

Please no more therapy
Mother take care of me
Piece me together with a
Needle and thread
Wrap me in eiderdown
Lace from your wedding gown
Fold me and lay me down
On your bed

(from "Polaroids", Shawn Colvin, on her fat city album)

So, in the immortal words of Samuel Pepys, to bed.

2 comments:

Badger said...

Oh yuck. Every cold I get seems to end up in my chest. Not fun!

Feel better soon!

Amy said...

I do hope you are better soon!!