Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!!

If you've been here for any length of time, you know that my dad is a true romantic. Um, yes, this is the guy who mailed me a book from Amazon for Valentine's Day. (You know, to a librarian.)

Well, it turns out he also sent me flowers. Which he pretty much does every year. And since I wasn't home last night to receive them, I had to call the guy on the first floor to please bring them in if they needed that.

Yes, everything in Pittsburgh is closed. Well, the library will be open at noon, but we have NEVER in my four years there closed by order of our director b/c of weather, or opened late, so I'll take it.

I'm writing this from my neighbor's computer. She lives five minutes from the library, complete with house, cat, three children, and husband. I have napped on her spare room bed before but never had I spent the night. It's fun to be a part of a family.

Anyways, I did mean to write a little bit more about this day and not the weather. If you've heard this before, you may be excused. When I was in kindergarten, at the ripe age of five, I thought Happy Valentine's Day was like "Have a good day" and regaled my father with said holiday greeting for weeks after the event. So it's a little joke between us--in the heat of summer, we'll say, "Happy Valentine's Day" and it's our little secret.

If I had not spent the night at someone else's house and woken up at someone's house, I might have all pretty graphics n'stuff. But going to work late is enough for me. Although I've just been informed that it's eleven, so I better think about getting ready...

5 comments:

Sandy Stover said...

everything isn't shut down =0( CMU stayed open today, which means my school was open (although as of 830 this morning 3 of us in my room called off...)

KitchenKiki said...

Everything at this end of the world is shut down. We have had snow, then sleet, then frozen rain, then more snow. I wouldn't want to be out there! So I'm not.

No clay today :(

The closest I came to a Valentine today was, Oh, Happy Valentine's. Geez, before we were married he made me breakfast in bed. Now I'm lucky if he saves coffee for me.

My show & tell Valentine comes from a Google Image search. I love doing those!

My Valentine is found here: http://www.caroleeisner.com/valentine.jpg

Have a great day!

Paula said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you to SL!

Amy A. said...

Happy Valentines!

~ej said...

happy valentine's day! love the pretty flowers and cards :-)