Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Rebuilding...

So...I come to this place, (my life) look at the rubble, and realize I have a lot to work with. My support system is better than I thought it was, but also more imperfect (drat!).

Yesterday I had coffee with Pete, who is one of the most hyper down to earth folks I know. He's going to Russia on Thursday and won't be back until March 10th!! But he's a truth teller--he can see into my life and say, um, did you notice? He asked me about my chronic crush habit and asked how long this has been an issue with me (but you don't have to say if you don't want to). I gave him a glance and without blinking, said, "third grade."

We had a laugh over that. Babs came in (yes, we were at Tazza) with Seggie and Terzo, whose hair is super long, even though it's been cut, TWICE! Babs is patently aware of my neuroticism and how I get paranoid if I get out of touch, like if folks don't answer emails, I think they hate me. It's bad. But admitting you have a problem is the first step...

So I'm calling today Health Tuesday. Because I think part of why I've had all these colds is that my soul has been dying inside. I'm an amazing actress--it's my retail training, I think.

You'll notice I've cleaned up my blogroll. Nothing personal, I just need to be alone. But I still need yinz, I'm just trying to figure out what that means.

As I read this, I think, this gal is bonkers!! Which I've known all along, but I think I'm coming clean on that.

So, as your neurotic extroverted introverted blogger who loves people, books, and a quiet movie that makes her howl with laughter, the low maintance girl except for when she's high maintenance...adieu! (for now.)

6 comments:

Paula said...

You take the time you need.

We'll all still be here.

KitchenKiki said...

Breathe deep. A lot. The chickens prefer that you avoid their soup as well.

When you are feeling better, I will reiterate my advice that you should get a massage. It helps rid the body of all sorts of toxins. I know, it sounds very new agey, but it helps.

Isn't your Momma the one that told me about hug therapy? Think of this as intensive hug therapy.

And February is almost over!

Amy A. said...

I'll miss you. Hope you are back soon.

Katrina said...

That one completely and baldly honest friend is absolutely vital to our mental health and the continued non-suckishness of our lives, I've decided.

I have one, and I cherish her always loving, occasionally pointy observations about life in general and mine in particular.

Hope your time alone is wonderful.

weirdbunny said...

I think Febuary has some bizzare hold hower our health and minds, but not long to go now. The daffodills are now out and all the signs are that spring is on it's way. Now that is a good thing. I crave the spring and hot summer days. As I'm officaly diagnosed a manic deppresant I can confirm it's a strange time of year.

Sarah Louise said...

KK--I don't think massages are new-agey. I've been eating chicken soup.

WB--I love winter but this year's has been super weird. I'm bipolar (manic depressive) too. My bad months are as follows: February, August, and October. Yeah, no one gets why August is bad but I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I've by then been two months without my Women's Bible Study.

SL