Monday, February 26, 2007

This is when you want a clear open door or shut window (how does that go?)

You know, from Sound of Music, "When God closes a door, he opens a window," and then Mother Superior sings "Climb Every Mountain, Ford Every Stream!"

So I had dinner with Lily. Who said, "I can't believe you've lasted THIS long." (Single, with no blood ties in Pittsburgh.)

We kveched and kveched and had wonderful food at Gullifties, which is where we go when we don't want to have to think about where we're going. She always gets the Spinach something salad, and I usually get something different every time (which is UNLIKE me at most restaurants). Tonight I had the World Famous Gulliftie's Rueben. It was good.

So was the company. It is so important to have someone that gets you. And Lily does.

And today is the first day in a week that I haven't had a nap, and now that NBC seems to have cancelled Studio 60, I can go to bed as soon as I brush my teeth (and call my mama, to tell her I'm going to bed.)

Tomorrow they're working on our sewers from 8a to 8p. Which means no flushy the toilet, no washy the dishes, no laundry, no nothin'! So I'll go to work, if only to be somewhere where I can flush! I doubt I'll stay the whole day...everyone said I should be feeling SO MUCH BETTER by Monday and I guess not napping is better, but I feel just exhausted now and I spent the better part of the day in a whine fest (which leads me to believe that my hormones are out of whack, thankyouverymuch.) I'm bone tired. I just am.

But in less than 48 hrs, I'll be at ### Walnut St. I cannot wait. I'm taking Greyhound, "and leave the driving to us" as their ads used to say.

All God's children got travelin' shoes. And they always need children's librarians. It is the one form of job security my MLS affords me. I'll keep you posted. But I think this is the beginning of the end. Which means, the beginning of something new. Which requires a lot of trust.

Oh whatever. I could go on like this forever (which you know, if you've met me or been here at any length. I just keep on writing and writing and writing...)

G'nite!

3 comments:

Paula said...

My new favorite saying is from Elizabeth Gilbert in Eat, Pray , Love; God never slams a door in your face without opening a box of Girl Scout cookies.

Go get your cookies SL!

Sarah Louise said...

Yeah, I'm thinking if I go to work today, they should be there...

It's 10 am and I've already taken a nap!!!

Amy said...

LOL I love the girl scout cookie idea!!

I, too, live a long, long way from family (nearest blood is 12 hours from here).

And canceled Studio 60? It was just on last week. My DVR was taping last night at 10...are you sure? I certainly hope not!

I hope you're finally feeling better. Take a move one step at a time (I'm trying to).