Monday, January 29, 2007

Real book titles and bizarre Dewey Decimal Numbers...

Knitting with balls : a hands-on guide to knitting for the modern man. Cover description reads: "Witty, modern approach to men's knitting, whether you are a seasoned knitter or a new recuit. It's the perfect guide for the female yarn addict in search of a cool gift for her guy, or for members of the growing band of male knitters."

646.3087 Clothing for gifted persons

659.136 Advertising by electric signs

*********

In the meantime, I'm on the sofa. Twister is in the VCR. And I finally got my copy of Ankeny Briefcase!!

mtc (more to come, borrowed from kim and/or bec)

6 comments:

Caro said...

Nice play on words with that title.

Amy A. said...

That title cracks me up.

I always wondered why my wardrobe felt lacking. I need some 646.3087 clothes.

Badger said...

Clothing for gifted persons? For reals? How many books does your library have with that call number? And why do I feel the need to visit MY library tomorrow and see if we have any?! (I know I could check the catalog online, but that's not nearly as much fun!)

Sarah Louise said...

Unfortunately, I think our library doesn't have any "gifted clothing" books, but Jane and I laughed over it when she found it in the Dewey Books (We have a four volume unabridged set which contains all the Dewey Numbers and the rules on how to build numbers, etc.)

I never ever thought I'd find any of this fascinating, but I do...

And often laughable...

jenny said...

sl - i would love to get a look at a set of Dewey Books. Too fun.

Sarah Louise said...

I own (yes, in my home collection) an old copy of the abridged 9th edition. It is hysterical.