Sunday, January 14, 2007

It's Golden Globes time!!

The Oscars are generally on ABC, a channel I get in so fuzzyily (is that a word?) that it doesn't bear watching unless it's something like Two and a Half Men (and I work Tuesdays, the night it's generally on, so there you go.) No, I don't know how to use my VCR, leave me alone!! (and hello, the reception would be crappy--who wants to watch crappy video??)

Moving right along, then...The Golden Globes, however, hold a place in my heart. They are this year on NBC, which in past years I thought they were on FOX but I could be dreaming...

They are generally shorter, more fun, and on a Sunday night, but hey, this year they're on a Monday...

Last year, Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix won for Walk the Line. I have no clue who I'm "rooting" for this year, but I know where I'll be on Monday, curled up on the couch in the garret.

Okay, I just breezed through their site and here's who I want to win: Monster House for Best Animated Film, Sarah Paulson for Studio 60, Little Miss Sunshine for Musical or Comedy (the only category where I'd seen more than one of the films, are we surprised?) and Toni Collette for Little Miss Sunshine.

Who/What are your picks?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo..tough.
Let's see, I want:
Babel (Best Picture)
Helen Mirren (Best Actress)
Forrest Whitaker (Best Actor)
Dreamgirls (Best Musical or Comedy)
Meryl Streep (Best Actress M or C)
JOHNNY DEPP!! (Best Actor M or C)
Happy Feet (Animated Film)
Pan's Labyrinth (Best Foreign Film)
Song of the Heart (Best Original Song)
Heroes (Best TV Series Drama)
Ugly Betty (Best TV Series Musical or Comedy)
America Ferrera (Best Actress TV M or C)
Broken Trail (Best TV Mini Series)
Robert Duvall (Best Actor Mini Series)

Sarah Louise said...

Watched enough movies/TV??

And Happy Feet? I don't THINK so!

And um, I haven't seen any of the other stuff you have, clearly, oh, except Devil Wears Prada.

Amy A. said...

Little Miss Sunshine!!! No to Happy Feet, sorry sis. Only seen a bit of Broken Trail, but looks great, so I'll vote for that one. I don't think I've seen enough of these things.

Don't you just love award shows?!

Sarah Louise said...

Yes, yes I do!!