Monday, January 01, 2007

HOPE is the thing with feathers

HOPE is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all... (Emily Dickinson)

On my walk, I said Happy New Year to all, and they to me. It's around 50 degrees (Fahrenheit) and quite nice, although the wind'll hit ya! Everyone was out walking their dogs.

Any day that I see men playing tennis in the park side courts, I have hope. And what a better way to start the new year, than with hope, and joy.

Resolution: to get better at taking pictures of people with my digi camera.

5 comments:

Sandy Stover said...

Hey! This has nothing to do with your post, but I thought you might like to know about it. There's a store out by where I live (in Penn Hills) that has different outlets in it, and the book outlet is going out of buisness. Hardbacks are 2 dollars and paperbacks 1! I went for one book (that was 2 the other day) and discoered this. Six books later I left...

Caro said...

My resolution is to BUY a digi camera. :)

thethinker said...

Happy New Year to you as well.

Paula said...

I like your photos.

Sarah Louise said...

So does this bookstore have a name?