Tuesday, January 16, 2007

And the Golden Globe for best speech goes to...

Meryl Streep.

(Peering out into the crowd with her glasses on) "I've worked with all of you...(peers) yes, I've worked with everyone in this room." (not the actual quote...I'm doing this while watching the rehash on Today)

She is such a class act. Such a class act. Devil Wears Prada was not the best flick this side of, say, The Holiday, or Monster House, or... but what a service it did to the viewing public when it allowed Meryl to win a(nother?) Golden Globe. LOVE MERYL!!

And they introduced a new category...animation! Cars won, of course. (I mean, c'mon, did you really think Happy Feet was going to win?) (Don't answer that, sis, you know I was rooting for Monster House!!) I haven't seen Cars, although I think I'm 253 on the holds list at the library...

This is a rough post, which I'll clean up later, but I wanted to get this out to announce this week's Show and Tell.

WEATHER. Everyone's got it, and everyone has been talking about it on their blogs. Well, not everyone, but most folks. So show me some weather!!

And in other news, there are now three candidates for Steelers Head Coach.

And, no, I didn't think Clint Eastwood was very funny. I'm sorry, I just don't get him.

That chick from Ugly Betty won, America Ferrara, and my sister could not be torn from the new episode of 24...whatever!! (Yes, I called her when it happened...)

Now, to make my list of movies I haven't seen that I want to...top of the list is that Kate Winslet flick...oh, like you weren't expecting that...

Yeah, so a better post on the Globes later. Right now, I'm still catching Today as they look at the red carpet (at least three times, with three different perspectives...c'mon!), give clips of the speeches, give clips of before the awards, after the awards...

And I missed a large chunk of the awards, as I ferried my car to Sally's (see post on gas spill) and then got her car to my house, realizing that when I gave her my car keys I had also given her my house keys. (When she already actually had a copy of both...) So I got to drive by the UP at least twice and by the looks of things, the MLK event was a hit.

An actual quote from someone from InStyle, "the dresses were so va-va-voom."

4 comments:

Paula said...

Geez (sarah) louise!
I've got some catch-up reading to do! I've been bizzy as a bee but I hope to have some time later today.

Anonymous said...

missed the globes, saw the rehash on GMA. i also taped 24, but merely to see my man sid (alexander siddig) :)
cars is amazing!! :)

Caro said...

I loved Devil.

That gas spill thing would have made me bonkers.

Amy A. said...

I loved the way Drew Barrymore looked. Pretty!