Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Walk the Line (the second time around)

Wow. Double wow. Triple double triple double wow. Must see it for at least one more time in the theatre...and note to self, request a copy of Cash tomorrow at work. My mom actually used it in devotionals for her circle meeting with her church group yesterday.

Hey, did you know chocolate was born in Torino? I am currently not watching Olympic Jay-Walking. It's pretty stupid, but I keep hoping that they'll cut to more late night Olympic coverage.

This weekend I get to go to a day-retreat with Lauren Winner, author of the new book, Real Sex. While tracking a copy down this week, I was speaking with a clerk who said, "can you spell that?" I said, "as opposed to fake." The subtitle of the book is "the naked truth about chastity" and it is the best book about sex, singleness and being a Christian that I've read. (And I've read quite a few.)

If you're not into reading a whole book, take a visit over to Urban Saddle (sixth one down on the blog roll) and read his Valentine's Day post. Included there is a pdf which gives a great vision for Christian singleness and Christian marriage. Caveat: it is 9 pages, so you'll want to print it, but the pages are not numbered. I bet you can figure it out, but once you have, I recommend a stapler or a paper clip at bare minimum.

Paul Reiser is on Leno at the moment. This made staying up late TOTALLY worth it. I love Paul Reiser. He is my favorite favorite comedian. Jay Leno is #2. (The audio of his autobio is great.)

Oh, and Mom is done with the power point on Antartica, cut #1. (I'm not finished, she says, but I sent you a copy.) Email me if you want a copy too.

Continuing coverage just started--12:50, not 12:05. Sleep? Who needs sleep?

Ciao!

3 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

Oh the humanity when I discovered that part of why I wept during WTL and have insomnia is that I missed an entire morning dose of meds. Praise Abba (not the Swedish band) that I did as much as I did as well as I did. Whew. We serve an awesome God! And I will say it again: better living through chemistry!!!

--erica said...

Amen!
Without my migraine meds I'd be sunk for sure! :)

Joke said...

Paul Reiser so TOTALLY rules. He is one of the few comedians who is effortlessly funny.

-J.