Monday, February 13, 2006

Violet will be a good color for hair at just about the time that brunette becomes a good color for flowers.

(Fran Lebowitz)

Today I treated myself to McD's for breakfast. I listened to Good to Great on the way over. I am SO loving this audio book!! I'll blog on that later. I walk in, and in front of me, no joke, is a woman with Ronald McDonald red hair and those striped tights he wears. I truly thought I was watching a public relations moment, and got a little excited. Ronald visits East Liberty!! (S'Liberty to yins.) Um, no. And I don't think anyone else noticed. I wanted to grab one of the employees and say, "Doesn't she look the spitting image of someone you know?" but I restrained myself. I sat in a booth where I could watch her while I ate my egg and cheese biscuit (bacon and I aren't talking at the moment) and hash browns and my (yes I know it's cold out) ice tea. She got on her cell phone. She had lip piercings--she was like the Post-Modern Ronaldina McDonalds. I so wish I could have gotten a picture!!

And in the category of how do I feel about my life today: I Love it!! Be very jealous--Babelbabe and I are going to make Snickerdoodles this afternoon, when I get back from my therapy appointment. (Because she has a regular size oven.) (And a decent recipe, this was my first question to her: "Do you make snickerdoodles?")

I had a date with a friend who is also a children's librarian (to talk shop) this afternoon, but she cancelled on me, so the timing is Perfect!! And I'm done with my homework for my writing class. I may post that later. (It's an Angry Letter.)

As for the snow, Pittsburgh got passed over. I couldn't even make a snow angel on my front lawn--I can see grass through the powder as it is. I heard Manhattan got 27 inches--well, that's why they call it the BIG Apple--everything is big there. (Susan got 15, Sue's mom got 15, Bep got 15) (That's Boston, Harrisburg, and Falls Church, respectively.) Even Tuvalu got snow--go visit Blackbird at Say la Vee for pictures!! (It's third down on my blogroll, I'm not linking, b/c I'm lazy and I gotta go buy sugar and flour!)

4 comments:

--erica said...

Snickerdoodles..my favorite. YUM I may just have to bake some myself.

Joke said...

I utterly adore Fran Leibowitz.

-J.

Sarah Louise said...

I burned a great deal of them, but I don't care!! And now, I think fatigue is finally calling me to my pillow...

--erica said...

I hope you get some sleep! I didn't have the energy to make snickerdoodles so it was a double batch of choc chip. Unfortunately, I have to share them :)