Tuesday, February 14, 2006

It's official...

It's been that mushy pink day for 16 minutes. Emily & I are celebrating by going to Panera and seeing Walk the Line (2nd time for me). I have mixed feelings about this day, but a lot of good memories too...so whatever you find yourself doing, give someone a hug! And if you see Marian, wish her a happy birthday--she's turning the big 3-0!

An Angry Valentine
If you won't be my Valentine
I'll scream, I'll yell, I'll bite.
I'll cry aloud, I'll start to whine
If you won't be my Valentine.
I'll frown and fret,
I'll mope and pine, and
It will serve you right--
If you won't be my Valentine
I'll scream, I'll Yell, I'll Bite

Myra Cohn Livingston
This one is close to my heart, as I am in the middle of another embroilled fun stuff with a favorite co-worker. (did you catch the sarcasm there?)
He drew a
circle that
shut me out--
Heretic, rebel,
a thing to
flout.
But Love and I
had the wit to
win:
We drew a
circle that
took him in!
"Outwitted," by Edwin Markham
Yesterday (well, a few minutes ago, 27 to be exact), WYEP (local independent public radio) had their annual Anti-Valentine show. It was fun listening to all the songs, especially a new favorite, Hackensack, by Fountains of Floyd? (Something like that. Babelbabe will correct me.)

3 comments:

--erica said...

Happy Day Sarah Louise.

Did you just say Panera???
my favorite!!!!!!!

Sarah Louise said...

eh--but Emily likes it. And they have brewed ice tea. Good luck with the choc chip cookies.

BabelBabe said...

Fountains of Wayne.

Same idea. : )