Friday, December 16, 2005

Show and Tell ornaments n stuff, pt 1

My favorite Chrismas item. A baby Jesus that lived in my delicates drawer for years. I bought him in Krakow, Poland, with the thought that it would be the gift I'd give my husband on our first Christmas. Um, that was over ten years ago. A few years ago, I told a friend about my baby Jesus living in the delicates drawer and she said, why don't you bring him out? So I actually keep him out all year. Isn't he a sweetie?


My favorite ornament. I keep this out all year too--it's a wooden heart that on one side says "Ich liebe dich" and "I love you" on the other. It's my version of fuzzy dice, which is why the background looks dark and snowy--it hangs on my rear-view mirror.



I call these two "SL plays with lights." Still learning how to take pictures, you see. But I like the effects.

Is is just me, or do other bloggers go around all day, composing the blog posts as they go about their day? Today I meant to blog about

  • getting my driver's lisc. picture taken
  • slushy roads
  • my allergist, who cracks me up

And then my favorite song comes on the radio: "King of the Road." So this pays for the fact I haven't heard Dominick the Donkey yet. Okay, gotta stop blogging and enjoy this!

The first time I heard that song was in the Poconos, at a cottage we sometimes rent. I was probably 13 or 14. It's not a song often played, so it's always a thrill when it comes on. One of the advantages of listening to "Nostalgia" radio.

2 comments:

blackbird said...

I LOVE that baby Jesus!

Our baby Jesus has moleskin foot wrap on him! and we have three Josephs!

Joke said...

We have a nice wooden Baby Jesus that we got eons ago in Spain (along with a hu-u-u-u-u-uge Nativity scene that includes Roman soldiers, tax collectors, etc., etc.

Sometimes I feel like taking my own census.

-J.